Friday, June 12, 2009

Last Day of School

My daughter is now a 7th grader!!! Goodness!! She just graduated from elementary school. She absolutely loved 6th grade and was sad that school ended. I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that he is no longer my little girl anymore. She is turning into a young lady that loves texting, music videos, and her hair straightener:) She is an amazing daughter and I am very proud of her.

My son is now a 3rd grader. He did very well in 2nd grade and his teacher made every student in his class a memory DVD. She is a wonderful teacher and he was lucky enough to have her two times (kindergarten and 2nd grade). Baseball is going ok but he does not have a love for sports. He will participate in them but could take or leave them as well. He would rather read books, play with legos, learn about geography and hang out with his friends. He is such a nice boy and very caring.

Tesfahun is learning something new everyday! He likes to play peek a boo, dance, look at books, jump, and climb. It should be a great summer with him. I can't wait to take him to the beach.

Today was my last day of work and I am off for the summer. YEAH!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMgosh...what a school year! So nice to see you blogging... Bruce made me cry again...hope we can get together...

Mary said...

Hi Amy,

It has been so busy that I haven't checked this for awhile! Thanks for the nice comment but I was the lucky one to have Andrew in my class two times. He is everything you said about him. I wouldn't worry about the sports. I love sports but I would rather have a son like Andrew that has lots of interests. Thanks for sharing with us how everyone is doing. Have a wonderful summer!! Hope to see you around some time this summer! Take care and tell Andrew that I miss him already!
Mary