Monday, June 15, 2009

The Beach!


Cute Tummy!!!!


Awesome big brother!!

Discovering water and sand:)

Today was our first Monday of summer break. My daughter went to a birthday party all day and night. They were going to an amusement park and then having a slumber party. It is the first time I have let her go off on her own....big step for me but a relief to her. She tends to think I am a little over protective.
The boys and I went to the beach with some friends. TJ was a little uncertain at first but quickly warmed up to the idea of playing in the water and then really enjoyed splashing. Andrew made him a baby pool by digging a hole in the ground and surrounding it with sand. He then filled it up with water over and over again because his baby pool had several leaks. We stayed at the beach for three hours and then headed home for nap time. I love nap time!! TJ slept for over 3 hours which allowed me to clean up the house and also take a nap.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! What else have you been up to?? I just got back from my Mission Trip...let summer begin! lol

Mary said...

THAT is what summer is all about. I love teaching but being able to spend time with family and friends and unwind before the new school year is priceless. It's so fun to read all about TJ's firsts!! It seems like you have had him forever. Enjoy the rest of the summer...it goes quickly!

Unknown said...

hey lady...how about an update! Lydia and Bailey are at GS camp...they went yesterday... My other two are gone also...no one but the dogs and me all day! Heaven!